Famagusta & Salamisfrom
EVERY MONDAY & WEDNESDAY ( April & May)
EVERY MONDAY & WEDNESDAY & SATURDAY ( June – October)
ADULT : €24 ( over 12 years old)
CHILD : €12 ( 2 – 12 years old)
INFANTS : FREE( 0 – 2 years old)
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Leisurely
oin for a trip to the world famous ‘Ghost Town’!
On the eastern end of the island lies the beautiful coastal town of Famagusta, trapped in a time-lock since the Turkish invasion in Cyprus, in 1974. On the way to Famagusta the tour stops next to the church of Saint Barnabas, the founder of the Cypriot Orthodox Church, where you will have the chance to visit the tomb of Saint Barnabas who martyred in the area in 52 AD.
The trip continues with a visit to ancient city-kingdom of Salamis, founded right after the Trojan War by the archer Teucer who came from the Greek island of Salamis. Time will be given for a guided tour around the archaeological site which includes a beautiful ancient Greek theater.
You then drive to Famagusta where free time will be given for lunch (optional extra) and sightseeing. During your free time there, a walk around the Venetian Walls that surround the old town and a visit at the Gothic Church of Saint Nicholas is highly recommended! On the way back you drive close to the ‘Ghost Town’, the sealed-off area of Famagusta.
· Pick up from hotels in Protaras 08:00 – 08:30
· Pick up from hotels in Ayia Napa 08:35 – 08:55
· Pick up from hotels in Larnaca 08:00 – 08:25
***(For this excursion, clients staying in Larnaca area are transferred to and back from the excursion bus in Ayia Napa with mini bus or local bus service)
· Enter the border through Strovilia (Vrysoulles) checkpoint
· Free time in Famagusta Old Town Center for sightseeing and lunch (optional extra not included in the price) (approx. 4 hours free time for clients that do not want to visit Salamis & Saint Barnabas)
· Visit at the archeological site of Salamis (approx. 40 mins) and visit at Saint Barnabas church
and tomb (approx. 40 mins).
· Entrance fees for the above two sites (€5 for adults and free for children up to 12 years old) are
not included in the excursion price. Entrance fees are paid by clients on the day of the excursion! – Clients that want to visit Salamis & Saint Barnabas will only have approximately 2 hours free time in Famagusta
· Free time for swimming at the “Golden Beach” of Famagusta (approx. 1 hour)
· Short drive close to the “Ghost Town” (the fenced sealed-off area of Famagusta)
· Exit the border through Strovilia (Vrysoulles) checkpoint
· Return in Larnaca around 17.30, Ayia Napa around 16.30 and Protaras around 17.00
Notes: PLEASE ADVISE CLIENTS THAT ON THE DAY OF THE FAMAGUSTA & SALAMIS EXCURSION THEY MUST HAVE WITH THEM THEIR PASSPORTS OR NATIONAL ID CARDS. ONLY EUROPEAN UNION CITIZENS ARE ALLOWED TO USE THEIR NATIONAL ID CARDS. ONLY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE CHECKPOINT – NO PHOTOCOPIES ALLOWED!
*** Entrance fees to Salamis & Saint Barnabas are not included in the excursion price (entrance ticket for the above two sites is €5 for adults and free for children up to 12 years old)
*** Please advise clients to bring their swimwear with them for swimming at the “Golden Beach”!