Kerynia & Famagusta
EVERY FRIDAY (April – May)
EVERY TUESDAY & FRIDAY (June – October)
ADULT : €42 (over 12 years old)
CHILD : €21 (2 – 12 years old)
INFANT: FREE (0 – 2 years old)
A trip that will give you the chance to discover the northern part of Cyprus!
First you drive to the eastern end of the island stopping at Famagusta, also known as the ‘Ghost Town’ since the Turkish invasion in 1974. Free time will be given in this beautiful coastal town, which is well known for its golden beaches and its Venetian Walls.
You then drive to the next stop Bellapais Abbey, built in the 13th century AD by the Augustinian monks also known as the Order of Saint Norbert. The abbey is a fine example of gothic architecture. It also offers breathtaking views of the northern coast of Kerynia and a pervasive atmosphere of tranquility.
The next stop is at the northern end of the island and the town of Kerynia, a city with more than 3000 years of Greek history. Plenty of free time is given for lunch (optional extra), shopping and a stroll around the town. You can also visit the picturesque harbour and the Castle of Kerynia, which hosts the remains of one of the oldest shipwrecks in the world (optional extra).
· Pick up from hotels in Protaras 08:00 – 08:30
· Pick up from hotels in Ayia Napa 08:35 – 08:55
· Pick up from hotels in Larnaca 08:00 – 08:25
***(For this excursion, clients staying in Larnaca area are transferred to and back from the excursion bus in Ayia Napa with mini bus or local bus service)
· Enter the border through Strovilia (Vrysoulles) checkpoint
· Short drive close to the “Ghost Town” (the fenced sealed-off area of Famagusta)
· Free time in Famagusta Old Town Center (approx. 1 hour)
· Visit at Bellapais Abbey (approx. 45 mins)
· Free time for lunch at Kerynia Harbour (optional extra not included in the price) (approx. 2 hours)
· Exit the border through Strovilia (Vrysoulles) checkpoint
· Return in Ayia Napa and Protaras around 17:30 – 18:00, Return in Larnaca around 17:30
Note: PLEASE ADVISE CLIENTS THAT ON THE DAY OF THE KERYNIA & FAMAGUSTA EXCURSION THEY MUST HAVE WITH THEM THEIR PASSPORTS OR NATIONAL ID CARDS. ONLY EUROPEAN UNION CITIZENS ARE ALLOWED TO USE THEIR NATIONAL ID CARDS. ONLY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE CHECKPOINT – NO PHOTOCOPIES ALLOWED!