Kykkos Monastery & Kakopetriafrom
EVERY THURSDAY (April – October)
ADULT : €36 (over 12 years old)
CHILD : €18 (2-12 years old)
INFANTS:FREE (0 – 2 years old)
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeFamily, Guided Tours, History
- Activity Level Leisurely
KYKKOS MONASTERY & KAKOPETRIA (EVERY THURSDAY )
Join for a trip to one of the most beautiful areas in Troodos Mountains!
The first stop is Throni, where you will have the chance to visit the tomb of Archbishop Makarios III, the first President of Cyprus. His tomb is set among a beautiful pine forest in Troodos Mountains.
You then drive to Kykkos Monastery, founded by the Byzantines in 1092. Kykkos is dedicated to Virgin Mary and it is the richest monastery in the island. It also possesses one of the three surviving icons ascribed to Saint Luke. The miraculous icon, which is covered in silver gilt and enclosed in a shrine of tortoise shell and mother-of-pearl, holds an eminent position in the church. Free time will be given to visit the monastery and to have lunch (optional extra).
You then drive to Kakopetria, a well-preserved village with traditional picturesque houses dating back to the 14th century AD. In Kakopetria you will get the chance to walk around the quaint little village and mingle with the friendly locals.
· Pick up from hotels in Protaras 07:00 – 07:30
· Pick up from hotels in Ayia Napa 07:35 – 07:55
· Pick up from hotels in Larnaca 08:10 – 08:25
· Coffee break near Astromeritis (approx. 20 mins)
· Guiding and free time in Kakopetria Village (approx. 1 hour)
· Guiding in Throni (tomb of Archbishop Makarios) (approx. 30 mins)
· Guiding in Kykkos Monastery and free time for lunch (optional extra not included in the price) (approx. 1 hour and 45 mins)
· Return in Larnaca around 17.00, Ayia Napa around 17.30 and Protaras around 18.00
Note: Please advise clients that all visitors must dress appropriately when visiting Kykkos Monastery. No tank tops or shorts allowed for men or women inside the monastery!